Monday, December 30, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 12.30.13

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is an opportunity for everyone to share their book journeys: where we've been for the week and where we plan to go next. To learn more about It's Monday! What Are You Reading? with a kidlit focus, jump over to Jen Vincent's blog, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee Moye's blog, Unleashing Readers.


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-31S4x0H5Lzs/UcZ4hKabgOI/AAAAAAAAFeU/ovdom1uRi4c/s1600/IMWAYR.jpg 
*****     *****     *****     *****     *****
Whooooo... boy! It's been weeks since I posted. A job change with a longer than expected transition, adjusting to the responsibilities of a new job, & coursework for maintaining my administrator license meant that I spent quite a bit of my reading time reading the grant I manage (and related documents) & lots about school boards and being a superintendent. Not my favorite kind of reading. But, I'm back and excited to be reading MY books. 
 
Maddie's reading life did not suffer, but I don't have our weekly set of #bookpics because a lot of the reading slack was picked up by Daddy, Grandma, & Aunt Tracey. 
 
Here's a sampling of where Maddie & I traveled through picture books this past week:
Ladybug GirlPinkalicious
 
Duck for PresidentThe Twelve Days of Christmas
 
  Here's where I ventured:
Pie  
And now for where I plan to travel:
Bud, Not Buddy

#audiobook  
Umbrella SummerWaiting for the Magic
Reading in the Wild: The Book Whisperer's Keys to Cultivating Lifelong Reading Habits
LCSD Reads Facebook Book Club
Happy New Year!!!!!!
What are YOU reading?
 

4 comments:

  1. What did you think of PIE? It was an interesting read. I did it for a read aloud a couple years ago and then let my students make one of the pies from the book for extra credit if they wanted to. Half my students made pie. It was out of control. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED PIE! I teared up at the end. It's on our Oregon Battle of Books list for grades 3-5. Wish I had a classroom to read it aloud to...I can totally envision pie making.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about work and not getting enough reading! :) Reading in the Wild is one of my favourite reads this year, so inspiring. I know we have reviewed Bud not Buddy in GatheringBooks at one point. :) I hope that you have a wonderful reading year for 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra! I listened to a portion of it today during a 20 minute drive between a meeting and Grandma's and found myself giggling...I'm at the part where Bud has met Lefty Lewis and is having breakfast. Looking forward to listening to the rest of the book on my drive home to the coast.
      Happy reading in 2014 to you! :o)

      Delete