Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 2/10/14

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-31S4x0H5Lzs/UcZ4hKabgOI/AAAAAAAAFeU/ovdom1uRi4c/s1600/IMWAYR.jpg




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is an opportunity for everyone to share their book journeys: where we've been for the week and where we plan to go next. To learn more about It's Monday! What Are You Reading? with a kidlit focus, jump over to Jen Vincent's blog, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee Moye's blog, Unleashing Readers.

 *****     *****     *****     *****     *****     

It's been a struggle for me to find balance between work life, mom & wife life, and reader/writer/blogger life. I formalized my #nerdlution, which I will be blogging about later this week. 

Part of the imbalance involves the nightly #bookpic that Madeline and I had grown accustomed to doing. Things got busy and I quit taking the nightly picture. But then I heard these words,

"Mom, what about a book pic?"

Wow! Talk about accountability! I can promise that we have been reading nightly but I have not been very consistent about even tracking what we read. I'm on night #2 of book pics with Madeline so I promise that the meme for Maddie's book journey will return next week. 

My book travels have been short as well. This week I'm doing something that Donalyn Miller suggests in her book, Reading in the Wild, by keeping a reading itinerary for myself. I'll share my findings next week. 
  
In the meantime, here's where I did travel this past week:
Umbrella Summer
One of the books off of Oregon's Battle of the Books list for grades 3-5.

Chasing Vermeer (Chasing Vermeer, #1)
This was my #audiobook.
 Where am I headed next?

The Birchbark House
This is another book off the the Oregon Battle of the Books list for grades 3-5.
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
My audiobook for the week.
 
Reading in the Wild: The Book Whisperer's Keys to Cultivating Lifelong Reading Habits
as part of the LCSD Reads Facebook Book Club

Differentiated Coaching: A Framework for Helping Teachers Change
My district mentoring team is rereading this for our own professional development
I feel new life breathed into me as I re-commit to reading, writing, and reflecting more this week. 

What are you reading? :o)

1 comment:

  1. The Birchbark House looks great. Reading in the Wild was one of my favourite PD books last year. Definitely a great read.

    ReplyDelete