Monday, September 7, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 9/7/15


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is an opportunity for everyone to share their book journeys: where we've been for the week and where we plan to go next. To learn more about It's Monday! What Are You Reading? with a kidlit focus, jump over to Jen Vincent's blog, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee Moye's blog, Unleashing Readers.
*****     *****     *****     *****     *****
Well, my reading week did not go nearly as planned. I read, but finished nothing, and did not post two blog posts that I had committed to last week. To make things feel more achievable this week (first week of school for Lincoln County schools), I am setting my blog goal to be a post for Slice of Life on Tuesday. 
Last week, I did not finish Jack - The true story of Jack & the Beanstalk by Liesl Shurtliff so my goal is to finish. The virtual book club Twitter chat (#vbcbooks) is coming up on Monday, September 14 at 6:00 PM PST. 
Jack: The True Story of Jack and the Beanstalk
School starting means I am back on the road traveling to the schools where I mentor 1st and 2nd year teachers which means quality time listening to books. This week I am listening to Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan. 
Echo
I'm looking forward to having a more productive book week.
How about you?
What are you reading this week?
 

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you the best as you mentor teachers. I think that is such an excellent idea and would have loved that when I began to teach and then would have liked your job later on!! Enjoy those books as you travel!

    ReplyDelete