Sunday, March 3, 2024

Weekends Are for Homemade Dinners - Day 3 of SOLSC

 


It doesn't seem like much but I have never been one who meal plans for the week. I always try ... I've purchased the organization system that hangs on the wall that is still set to a weekly menu for sometime in November. At this point in the school year I give in to the ease of Door Dash, cold cereal, frozen premade meals, and quiche (because I always have premade pie crusts, eggs, cheese, and veggies in the refrigerator). 

When I have time off (weekends, breaks, the month of July), I become the person I want to be all the time. I look for recipes and am willing to try new ingredients. Tonight's dinner was no exception. I am not an elaborate cook; in fact, I Google search recipes that include the word "easy" in the search. Easy homemade mac and cheese. Easy bread machine recipe. Easy TikTok corn dip (that's a slice for another time). Regardless of the simplicity of the meal, my family is full of "thank yous" and "mmmm...yum" each and every time - it is a feeling of accomplishment and the verbal appreciation is a nice ego boost. 

I appreciate when the ingredients are simple. Tonight I made Hibachi Steak Bites with the accompanying yum yum sauce. For the marinade, I didn't have oyster sauce but I used teriyaki sauce and it was still flavorful. 

So, as another school week begins, I'm still savoring the yummy meals made this weekend - from scratch, which is the point for me. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kristin. Welcome to Two Writing Teachers. Your slice makes me want to try the recipe you shared. I bookmarked it because it sounds EASY, quick, and yummy. Sunday is for families and I am sure your were well appreciated. We took the grandgirls to our indoor community pool but that is told on Day 4. Why? Well I was all set to write the slice since I digitized a photo of the pool gathering BUT I fell asleep before getting my thoughts on paper. (I have been ill for an entire month with a sinus, respiratory infection.) Day 2 and 3 are missing but I am back with Day 4. See you on another day of slicing.

    ReplyDelete