Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 8/26/13

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is an opportunity for everyone to share their book journeys: where we've been for the week and where we plan to go next. To learn more about It's Monday! What Are You Reading? with a kidlit focus, jump over to Jen Vincent's blog, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee Moye's blog, Unleashing Readers.


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-31S4x0H5Lzs/UcZ4hKabgOI/AAAAAAAAFeU/ovdom1uRi4c/s1600/IMWAYR.jpg 

Egads! It's been 20 days since my last #IMWAYR post. Doesn't mean I haven't been reading. It's just been a busier than expected August. I am figuring out the blogger app on my iPhone so that I can post from anywhere but still need to play with it some to figure out how to resize photos, etc. But, enough of that. Let's get to the real reason why we are here. 

Here's where Madeline and I have journeyed:

More recently I've become a HUGE fan of audiobooks. Here's what I listened to while on the road for vacation.
MatildaWalk Two Moons
I'm nearly finished listening to 
When You Reach Me 
Not sure what I'll be listening to next. I'm visiting the Newport Public Library with Madeline tomorrow. 
Here's what I plan on reading next:
Marty McGuire
Marty McGuire is on the 2013-2014 OBOB list for grades 3-5. I'm on my own OBOB challenge reading my way through each 2013-2014 OBOB list.

Teach Like a Pirate: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator
I made it about half way through TLAP and then the Kindle died. I brought it back to life and so my goal is to finish.
Kamishibai Man
Teachers Write! may be finished for the summer but I was inspired to look for Kristin Mentor Text as I plan for writing my dad inspired story for Maddie.


I'll continue with a couple of my writing circles that I grew to love over the summer. 
Tomorrow all teachers in my district return back to work. I look forward to hearing everyone's summer stories. And of course I'll want to know:
What are YOU reading?
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Mrs Becker - fabulous photographs of you and your little one - lovely picture books too. Kamishibai Man is a personal Allen Say favorite. :) Thanks for sharing all these book recommendations and hope the school year would be great for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Myra, for your comment! Allen Say is proving to be a favorite picture book author of mine. His illustrations are beautiful and I love how he gives a glimpse into Japanese culture through his stories. Enjoy your day!

      Delete