Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 07/08/13

Inspired by my Twitter Pal, Jen, this post is about what I read this past week and what I plan on reading this week. Like Jen and others, I will my Monday post will be in the form of meme. To learn more, go to Jen's blog at http://www.teachmentortexts.com.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-31S4x0H5Lzs/UcZ4hKabgOI/AAAAAAAAFeU/ovdom1uRi4c/s1600/IMWAYR.jpg 

Here's a look at what Madeline and I read together this past week:





As you can see, we got some Mo Willems in this week. I made a comment to my mom about the Pidgeon which resulted in several new books for Maddie's library. We visit the public library today so her reads for the week are usually determined by that visit. 

Now for MY reading...I didn't make my #bookaday goal for the week. Here's the one book I finished. 
Love That Dog

Reading in progress:
Choice Words
This book was recommended by Donalyn Miller at a one day workshop in June she presented at in Salem, Oregon.
Teach Like a Pirate: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator
I am reading this as part of a Twitter #educoach book study facilitated by Jessica Johnson.

Scat
This is an audiobook for me, read by Ed Asner. Loving it so far!
Last week I said I was going to read One and Only Ivan but didn't. This week is the week that I am going to do it!

The One and Only Ivan
 
I'm also on the look out for mentor text for my Teachers Write! What originally started as a plan to write about my dad/Maddie's Papa, has morphed into family research about my parents' and Mark's parents' stories. I still intend on writing a picture book story based on Papa and found Grandfather's Journey in our home library. Some of my time at the public library today will be spent finding other mentor texts like Allen Say's book. 

Grandfather's Journey

Have a TERRIFIC week of reading and writing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment