Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#TreatTuesday - Blueberry Waffle & Rump

TreatTuesday 
Thank you to my Twitter pal, Niki Ohs Barnes, for the #TreatTuesday meme inspiration. Yum!
For more #TreatTuesday inspiration check out Shannon Houghton.

Blueberries picked from bushes in our yard!

How exciting to have a day where I can partake in two of my favorite pastimes-treats & books! My treat today may look like a simple waffle, but when you are a person that doesn't eat a lot of wheat (we are transitioning to a Paleo/Primal way of living) then a waffle is a real treat. Add to that, the delicious blueberries that we have in our own yard and dollop of whipped cream and, well, let's just say it was a home run. Even better is when your food manages to be color coordinated with your book cover (Yep! I'm reading Rump by Liesl Shurtliff)...sorry folks, I'm not normally like that with being all matchy matchy.

Speaking of Rump, it's been on my TBR (To Be Read) list but quickly moved to the top when my Twitter pal, Niki, was tweeting about a #virtualbookclub that would talk about the book. I am realizing as I read this book that I am going to have some serious #booklove for "The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin".

No comments:

Post a Comment