Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 07/15/13

Inspired by my Twitter Pal, Jen, this post is about what I read this past week and what I plan on reading in the week ahead. Like Jen and others, on Mondays my post will be in the form of meme. Jump over to Jen's blog, Teach Mentor Texts, to learn more about It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-31S4x0H5Lzs/UcZ4hKabgOI/AAAAAAAAFeU/ovdom1uRi4c/s1600/IMWAYR.jpg 

  Here's what Maddie and I read together this past week:


 Maddie and I do far more reading than what gets documented. She is a typical three year old and loves to have the same books read and reread to her over and over and over and over again. She's rotating (again) through her Pinkalicious books and Llama Llama books. We'll see what tickles her fancy this week. The Dora #bookpic is included because that was a time when she held the book up and said to me, "Time for our #bookpic , mommy." Apparently, we take a lot of pictures with our books. 

Here's what I finished this past week: 
Scat
This was an audiobook that I LOVED! I will be writing up my first review this week about.

Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
My first Babymouse read and I adore her. I'm stalking her at my public library.
Super Amoeba (Squish, #1)
This was my first introduction to Squish. I'm stalking the Amoeba, too.
Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5)Lunch Lady and the Field Trip Fiasco (Lunch Lady, #6)
 I'm a HUGE fan of Lunch Lady and have no qualms checking out every copy I haven't read just to read them. They are NEVER at the library long. Still waiting for books 2 & 3. 

I seem to have developed quite an ADD habit with reading lately. I still have NOT finished The One and Only Ivan or Choice Words. Choice Words is a small book but full of things that are really forcing me to stop and think. I read, digest, and then go back to it.  

Reading in progress: 
Choice WordsTeach Like a Pirate: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator
The One and Only Ivan
  
I started a new audiobook which I am excited about since it's a throw back to my youth:
The Secret Garden
And, I added this book to my reads for the week in preparation for #virtualbookclub on 7/22/13. 
Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin
I started out strong this past week with Teachers Write! and kind of waned toward the end as unexpected day trips and an overnight trip to Grandma's took over. My intention is to get back in the swing of things and get cracking EVERY day. I love the interactions with Kate Messner, Gae Polisner, Jen Vincent, and the amazing guest authors and fellow Teachers Write! campers. I've noticed that I am writing a lot of poetry so I'm going to include Poetry Friday (also inspired by my Twitter pal, Jen from Teach Mentor Texts) in my writing and reading week. You'll also see Slice of Life again. At the very least, I'm writing (and reading) far more than I have in the past and feel extremely happy with that. 
sols_turq 
What are you reading and writing this week? 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Way to be a reader. This has inspired me to pick up more books before summer is over. Library watch out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Lisa!!!! Reading more this spring and summer has completely rejuvenated me. My library card is getting a lot of mileage...and I'm buying a lot of books. :o) I encourage you to get on Twitter. That's where I get 99% of my reading and writing inspiration from.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete